The Killzone Krew
Welcome back or welcome to QaC! Login to get the sites full experience!
The Killzone Krew
Welcome back or welcome to QaC! Login to get the sites full experience!
The Killzone Krew
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the KZK Killzone 3 clan

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist". Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gemi10689

Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist".  Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.  Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist". Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.    Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist".  Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.  EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:32 am

Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist".

Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.

"It is a comment that shouldn't have been made and he certainly wishes he didn't make it."

Woods said he had spoken to Williams about the remark, but declined to reveal exactly what they discussed.

"We talked about it this morning [Monday], we met face-to-face, we talked it through and we have agreed it was the wrong thing to say," former world number one Woods said. "He did apologise."

WILLIAMS & WOODS' MAJOR WINS
Continue reading the main story
Masters: 2001, 2002, 2005
US Open: 2000, 2002, 2008
Open: 2000, 2005, 2006
US PGA: 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007
Woods said he had "no doubts" in his belief that Williams did not hold racist views.

"It's one of those things. We'll see what time does," said Woods. "Time does heal wounds and we'll see how that goes."

The caddie has also apologised publicly for his remarks, while European Tour chief George O'Grady and US PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem have decided to take no action.

"I don't make policy, I'm not part of the governing bodies and it's up to them," said Woods.

Williams, who now carries Adam Scott's bag, made the comments when he was awarded a light-hearted accolade for "the best celebration of the year" at a private caddies' dinner in Shanghai on Friday.

When the New Zealander, who was sacked by Woods in July, was asked to elaborate on his celebration after Scott won a world championship event in August, he said the aim was "to shove it right up that black arsehole".

Williams said on Saturday: "I now realise how my comments could be construed as racist. That was not my intent. I apologise to Tiger and anyone else I have offended."
jacksonville hair salons
christian book stores
Back to top Go down
amadesha

Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist".  Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist". Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.    Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist".  Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:09 am

Hi, you guys! Some of you may remember me as that one guy named Sozeru who made it to Asurahood and like Level 22 or something! The lovely Auuralei directed me to this forum when I asked if there's a place for the guild to hang out together, so I finally thought "Why not?" And here we are now!
Back to top Go down
http://www.onsrilanka.info

Tiger Woods has revealed he was hurt by Steve Williams's race comment but insisted his long-time former caddie "is certainly not a racist". Woods added: "It was a wrong thing to say. We're moving forward. It was hurtful certainly, but life goes forward.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Killzone Krew :: [KZK] General :: Killzone 3-
Jump to: